PDA

View Full Version : Rate My Armory

Ciderhelm
08-06-2007, 12:58 PM
Make separate threads for each person and each subject (talents separate from gear, etc), and clearly state what you want. Then, link your Armory. :D

Rate my gear!
The Armory (http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarius&n=Ciderhelm)

Baelor
08-06-2007, 01:04 PM
A dagger would have been better for the mainhand in that set, IMO.

Kazeyonoma
08-06-2007, 01:14 PM
^ Pretty good tanking stats, kara'd out and good overall stats, but isn't 14.9k a bit low for being almost completely raid buffed? Might just be me because I'm used to seeing warrior stats. But great gear, I wish I had half that stuff. Only thing I can see being upgraded is... picking up wrynn legs from kara.

Baelor
08-06-2007, 01:32 PM
^ Pretty good tanking stats, kara'd out and good overall stats, but isn't 14.9k a bit low for being almost completely raid buffed? Might just be me because I'm used to seeing warrior stats. But great gear, I wish I had half that stuff. Only thing I can see being upgraded is... picking up wrynn legs from kara.

I appreciate the input, Kazeyonoma. Yes, my HP is low, only about 12.7k unbuffed. I've been running Karazhan weekly with no luck on the Wrynn Dynasty Greaves - they would allow me to wear my soon-to-be-acquired Darkmoon Card - Vengeance instead of the Pocketwatch and still be uncrushable with my Holy Shield up and standard raid buffs.

The reason for my HP being so low is 2-fold:
1. I'm specced as a hybrid tank/healer, usually not main-tanking anything. I'm an add tank, I tank trash, AoE adds (think Morogrim's murlocs, Solarion's adds, Nightbane's skellies, etc) and a niche threat burster (think Void Reaver, Doom Lord Kazzak, quick fights). I'm not standing in front of the big baddies, I've got 2 prot warriors for that. If you want to see what they wear, look up Olorin or Ryufire from <Adaptation> on US-Runetotem.
2. Because I'm specced half-healer, I didn't take the standard minimum 10 points in Retribution for 5/5 Deflection, so my parry is lower than other tanks. In response, I need to stack abnormally high dodge and block compared to other tanks, even paladins, lowering my ability to stack stamina. This isn't a huge deal for me, since I don't have to worry about huge 10k smacks to the face on a regular basis.

Ciderhelm
08-06-2007, 01:32 PM
make new threads so this isn't a one-thread forum!

Baelor
08-06-2007, 01:35 PM
Sorry Cider! I was just responding to Kaz!

My comment about your armory still stands though... you need a badass dagger for that pirate suit.

Kazeyonoma
08-06-2007, 03:34 PM
what about me! no one armoried me!

The Armory (http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Akama&n=Kazeyonoma)

Baelor
08-06-2007, 03:56 PM
Why in blue blazes are you using a paladin mace on an MS warrior? The thing has 28 intellect on it! I'll reserve other comments for your *new thread* in which you'll ask specific questions and link your armory and start a *new thread* about yourself instead of tacking them onto Cider's intro post.

PS - Cider wipe our replies and lock this post so that this doesn't continue.

Sprinks
08-07-2007, 07:19 PM
More pirate hat imo, cider. :)

Iowynn
08-14-2007, 12:53 PM
More pirate hat imo, cider. :)

Gah, he forgot to equip his Pauldron of the Elements that he fought Rend and Gyth so hard for.

Did I mention he got stuck on the other side of the gate too? :)

Ciderhelm
08-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Iowynn, I've been talking with Care quite a bit, she was one of the Mages on those UBRS runs.

Were you on the specific run where we pulled the entirety of the on-lookers before the Rend event because someone stayed up... and we lived?

Iowynn
08-14-2007, 01:33 PM
Iowynn, I've been talking with Care quite a bit, she was one of the Mages on those UBRS runs.

Were you on the specific run where we pulled the entirety of the on-lookers before the Rend event because someone stayed up... and we lived?

I might have been. I remember a situation where someone was afk and because we weren't in combat, we didn't get aggro but I can't remember the exact circumstances.

Rhelahan
08-15-2007, 01:13 PM
Memories :)