PDA

View Full Version : Zul Gurub Helm Enchants

Actongue
08-03-2007, 10:26 AM
I am thinking of running ZG raids for fun and for gearing up some hi 50 to 60's and am wondering if The ZG Helm Enchant is Better overall then the CoT Helm Enchant.
Based on just the stats alone I Am inclined to feel that its superior to the Cot Enchant with just Defense and Dodge.

I have searched thru the forums and have not found anything stating a comparison between the two ifi missed the Information please direct me tothe appropriate page please:}

BTW My typoing is horrendous and many on the Feathermoon server call it Actonguense:}

Thank you
Andre/Actongue:}

Edit Lets hope Blizzard puts in a Nice tanking Helm Enchant in Zul'Aman :}

Haedes
08-03-2007, 10:38 AM
The CoT enchant is lackluster overall. Typically, we have defense rating covered pretty easily and dodge isn't too tough to find either. I use the Presence of Might enchant on my T4 helm. Stamina, block value for SS, a small defense boost - a clear winner imo.

Actongue
08-03-2007, 10:53 AM
Yea i feel the same way only downside is the time and investment in getting it. i did run ZG the other day but a hunter rolled on the Idol from The raptor boss and won it damn i tlol

Crimsonstorm
08-03-2007, 11:02 AM
The ZG enchant is superior to the CoT enchant. Better effective health, better threat generation, but somewhat less avoidance. Overall its like swapping about three dodge/defense gems for a stam gem and two (imaginary) block value gems. Thats a good trade. If there were block value gems, youd be stacking them along with stam.

Paruhdox
08-03-2007, 11:10 AM
It depends on a few things. one is what piece of gear you are putting it on and what your current stats are. I am in no way lacking dodge or defense, so the zg enchant is great

Actongue
08-03-2007, 11:13 AM
It will go on the T4 Helm when that damn thing driops for me so far its been all hero and champion with only one Defender dropping and that went to the offtank/part time healing druid.

Crimsonstorm
08-03-2007, 01:14 PM
ZG enchant is definitely better. Its about the smae as trading 3 dodge/defense gems for 1 stamina gem and 2 imaginary block value gems. Those are good trades.

Given the difficulty of getting the ZG enchant, its probably not woth it for something less than the T4 helm.

Actongue
08-03-2007, 01:35 PM
Yea i saw your thread about that after I posted this the one post i did not look at had the information I aksed about/knew ahead of time.

Well here is to hoping that Zul Aman gives better rewards then CoT for us protection types:}

Crimsonstorm
08-03-2007, 02:06 PM
I really hope zul aman gives a stam/block value enchant. :) That would rule.

Actongue
08-03-2007, 03:12 PM
To hit would be sweet too but thts asking for too much lol

Fayainz
08-03-2007, 10:55 PM
I love the ZG head enchant, just wishing I could get more guildies to help me farm for it :)

Atlantian
08-04-2007, 12:53 AM
at 70 bloodlord is easily 5 maned. pretty easy to get ahold of the enchant. just convince your buddies to go.

Snacks
08-04-2007, 06:15 AM
Yeah you can 5 man the boss for his part, and the punctured voodoo doll can be 2 manned. Just go in with a friend, unequip all your gear, one mounts up and grabs all mobs near the hoodoo piles and runs off with them, leaving the other to loot the hoodoo pile safely. This strat does rely on one of those 2 players being able to rez though.

Kazeyonoma
08-06-2007, 03:50 PM
I'd like to see a detailed fraps on how to do this stuff, I never got a chance to go to ZG except once, so I wanna try to go back and 5 man this stuff.

Crimsonstorm
08-06-2007, 04:43 PM
Could someone give a quick explanation of how to do this ZG thing? What we need to kill, etc. Ive never done it.

Nicki
08-06-2007, 06:54 PM
Zul'Gurub Helm and leg enchants:

Step 1: Obtain primal hakkari idol (Blue-Rare item) from jindo the hexxer or Bloodlord Mandokir inside Zul'Gurub.
Step 2: Find a warrior voodo doll in a hoodoo pile
Step 3: Hand in at the top of the central pyramid
Step 4: Apply enchant to head
Step 5: enjoy shield slams

Step 2 and 3 may require help, step 4 and 5 are rather hard but not that hard. Step 1 and 2 are heroic difficulty! I tried to do bloodlord for fun a week or 2 ago with a paladin healer, me and a rogue..rogues dont spend alot of time DPSing on that fight ^.^..50% wipe... =( we did snake boss...in about 20 mins..>.>. I don't know if you need ZG rep..