PDA

View Full Version : Gear questions

Anchor
08-03-2007, 06:39 AM
This is more a question about balance...

Last night i picked up the battlescar boots from the chess event. So far i have them enchanted with +12 stam, and have 2 Solid Star of Elunes socketed. That pushes me up to 14.7k health, with about 15.6k armor. But leaves me at 18% dodge and 17% parry. First is this the best way to socket these boots for me to achieve a good balance in my stats or should i throw a +8 parry/dodge gem in them? I'm going save the boots of allusion for lower level fights where avoidance is more key.

Next question would be gloves from the maiden vs tier4? Again the stamina and sbv from the maiden are superior but since i only have two pieces of tier4 (gloves and shoulders (stupid prince)) is the set bonus worth it?

Next rings i 3 quality rings, the violet eye rep ring, the badge ring, and the ring from the shade. I find the rep ring and the badge ring to be superior but combine the shade ring with +5 more stam than the badge ring my health bumps up to 14.8.

I guess what's really frustrating is having so many options and so many side grades. I can usually figure out what's the best to wear, but then again in the past its been a little more simple. Right now my guild is on gruul, and if the other night was any indication we should have him down (was @ 10%) this week. So what gear would make me a better tank for gruul and beyond? What's the best way to balance stats for these fights? - (quick list of gear i don't have tier4 helm, KD, belt from moroes, i have pretty much everything else from kara)

Sorry for the wall of text.

-Anchor
Requiem ~ Khaz'goroth
(for those who would like to view my armory my information is above)

Paruhdox
08-03-2007, 07:09 AM
In reality if your defense is high enough your fine with 12 stam in the boots for gems. Those will not be replaced until TK when you kill solarian unless your a blacksmith. Second the gloves from maiden are better than the t4 gloves for Main tanking boss encounters. Shield block value gives you more effective health and you get more stamina. Not to mention the +threat from shieldslams. it may seem small but it adds up. As far as rings goes i never got the ring from shade, but i used the badge / rep ring until SSC/TK.

Anchor
08-03-2007, 08:27 AM
Thanks for the reply. Those were the choices i was leaning towards just helps to have someone else's opinion to make sure i'm not doing something stupid... :D