PDA

View Full Version : Q: Favourite Damage Meter?

Graalsemk
08-01-2007, 08:19 AM
Just wondering what people's opinions were on the various damager meters out there.

I've recently switched from DamageMeters to Recount and love the level of detail it tracks regarding indiviudal raid members actions.

Ciderhelm
08-01-2007, 08:33 AM
Are you going to be researching this afterwards for guild progress? WWS is what you want for that -- it builds complex databases of full encounters for everyone in the raid.

For mid-fight combat, I'm going to let others respond here. I was a fan of SWStats but never tried Recount, so I can't compare the two, or let you know how updated either are.

Graalsemk
08-01-2007, 08:52 AM
For WWS is it necessary for all members of the raid to install the mod and sync the logs? Or is one person in the raid with the addon sufficient?

And yes, the purpose is definitely to examine afterwards with an eye towards helping progression.

Ciderhelm
08-01-2007, 08:54 AM
not all members. If my understanding is correct, you only need a few key members to upload logs, and only if there's a 40+ yard distance between them.

It's all handled after a fight, though. Hopefully someone can point you to some more information as I need to step out for a couple hours here.

Luciolle
08-01-2007, 09:19 AM
One log is sufficient if the room isn't too big. Gruul's room is fine, Twins' room isn't :)

WWS Documentation : Wow Web Stats (http://www.lossendil.com/wws/doc-index.jsp)