PDA

View Full Version : Farstriders vs. Devilshark, EH Comparison

Ciderhelm
07-27-2007, 12:12 AM
Just had fun doing this for the WoW-US forums:

I'm assuming fairly low stats here, 13,000 Armor and Health with 0 Block Value. As you get higher, Farstriders will become better.

*With neither cloak equipped, Effective Health is 30212.17. That is, you can take 30212.17 raw damage prior to being killed.

*With Devilshark equipped, Effective Health is 30818.33.

*With Farstriders equipped, Effective Health is 31447.04.

Farstriders increases the damage you can take by 2% more than Devilshark. This is constant and reliable. This gap widens with better gear. Farstriders is the better cloak in nearly all progression-based raiding situations, unless your healers are running out of mana.

These calculations assume no Vitality and no Toughness, both of which give Farstrider a bigger advantage. Also, as the values go up, Farstrider gains a larger edge. These also assume level 73 creatures, and Farstrider gains more effectiveness against lower-level creatures.

Ariedan
07-27-2007, 12:18 AM
That's actually something I've been trying to decide. Thanks for your insight, Cider.

Ariedan
07-27-2007, 12:23 AM
Wait..

and Farstrider gains more effectiveness against lower-level creatures.
Am I misunderstanding this? This statement here seems to contradict everything positive said about Farstrider.

Ciderhelm
07-27-2007, 12:26 AM
What do you mean exactly?

I add that line in because Armor against higher level mobs (73, for instance) takes such a big penalty. Armor has more effect on Effective Health with lower level mobs, so the cloak with higher Armor (Farstriders) will scale the Health values more.

If that makes sense. I'm not explaining it too well. :p

Narshe
07-27-2007, 12:32 AM
What about Phoenix-wing? Could you do some math plz? Im at work and can't start messing with armorys and calculations :P

Ciderhelm
07-27-2007, 12:34 AM
Sure, but give me some numbers to work with as far as base health, base block, and base armor you would realistically have when a player could get Phoenix-wing.

Just something other than 13,000, 13,000, 0. :) Round them a little bit so I can present them cleanly on WoW forums, if possible.

Ariedan
07-27-2007, 12:47 AM
Haha, never mind, I got it. I think it was just the way I read it or something.

Abd Cider, Phoenix-wing drops off of Al'ar. I've known guilds to have never stepped foot into SSC and have gotten down Al'ar, if that gives you any idea of what stats are needed for tanking. I'm guessing, minimum 13,000 health, 15,000 armor, and 3-400 block. Most likely higher, but that should be the lowest.

Narshe
07-27-2007, 12:47 AM
16500 armor, 14500 HP and between 300 and 500 block (would say 400)
That's around what I usually carry on. Sometimes more armor, others mor block, usually no more stamina unless I wear all my stamina gear.

Edit: Probably 14k HP shall be the average.

Ciderhelm
07-27-2007, 12:55 AM
k gimme a minute I have to photoshop something real quick

Ciderhelm
07-27-2007, 01:10 AM
16,500, 14,000, and 400 comes out to 38073.58 EH with neither cloak.

With Farstriders, 39332.82.

With Phoenix-Wing, 39200.05.

Very close. Less than half a percent difference w/ those stats.

Now, give me buffed health. :)

Atlantian
07-27-2007, 01:13 AM
ignoring the threat issue a moment.

from the EH camp, isnt farstrider somewhat weak in comparision to other options? Say Gilded Thorium Cloak. Over 100 more armor and defense and equal stamina. So you gain back some of the avoidance lost from devilshark.

Those are the two i use instead of farstrider. I found it to be... somewhat medocre.

Ciderhelm
07-27-2007, 01:15 AM
Farstrider is a Shield Slam cloak. :)

Yes, I wore Gilded Thorium personally. I should probably do a side-by-side of all three.

Ciderhelm
07-27-2007, 01:15 AM
btw welcome to the site :) good to see you've registered

Atlantian
07-27-2007, 01:18 AM
ty. decided i cant let you guys get away with all the theorycrafting without me

Ciderhelm
07-27-2007, 01:19 AM
There should be a lot more easy theorycrafting soon. I'm attempting to put together the super-calculator. I'll upload a photoshop design in a few minutes.

Ariedan
07-27-2007, 01:19 AM
If I stay with this guild, I'll probably pick up that cloak when it drops.

So, out of curiousity... my health is about 19,000 to nearly 20,000 buffed with shout, blood pact, and consumables. My armor is a little over 16,000 with buffs, maybe a little more. I just got a new chest so it might be higher buffed.

Ciderhelm
07-27-2007, 01:21 AM
I'll compare Phoenix Wing with those stats. The spread should be considerably more substantial, with Farstrider's pulling ahead. I could be wrong, let's see.

Ciderhelm
07-27-2007, 01:22 AM
actually, do you have any way of getting Gilded Thorium Cloak?

Atlantian
07-27-2007, 01:22 AM
Farstrider is a Shield Slam cloak. :)

ok, i may be wrong, but is shield slam and block value not a 1block = 1extra dmg conversion?

so. from 29- 38. 9 block value increase. with shield mastery, aprox 12 block value increase?

Ciderhelm
07-27-2007, 01:25 AM
I'm the guy who 4-manned Bloodlord Mandokir within 3 weeks of the expansion coming out to get idol enchants for shield slam.

Rationally speaking you are right. I don't compare shield slam potential based on rational thought, though, so 12 block value is worth it. :D

Atlantian
07-27-2007, 01:29 AM
I'm the guy who 4-manned Bloodlord Mandokir within 3 weeks of the expansion coming out to get idol enchants for shield slam.

Rationally speaking you are right. I don't compare shield slam potential based on rational thought, though, so 12 block value is worth it. :D

i 5 manned him the other day to put it on my t4. i definatly understand, i was simply trying to put it in perspective and confirm. for going for a shield slam record, yes, its worth it. but for practical tanking i prefer the devilshark for threat and gilded for mitigation. however, i also believe every point counts so it does come to be a tough choice when trying to up TPS. The question of, "is it worth it?" comes to mind.

Ciderhelm
07-27-2007, 01:37 AM
With no cloak, 19,000 Health, 16,000 Armor, and 400 Block Value, Effective Health is 50392.42.

With Gilded Thorium Cloak, Effective Health is 51876.30.

With Farstrider, Effective Health is 51759.99.

With Phoenix Wing Cloak, Effective Health is 51551.87.

In this case, the practical winner will be Phoenix Wing Cloak. While Gilded Thorium holds a 0.63% increase in Effective Health, the Dodge rating is significant.

Ariedan
07-27-2007, 01:39 AM
actually, do you have any way of getting Gilded Thorium Cloak?
I do, actually.

Narshe
07-27-2007, 01:50 AM
You've just destroyed a myth. I was considering Devilshark to be superior than any cloak before Phoenix Wing. I will start wearing the Farstriders from now on and will wait to get more tier5 level gear to start wearing Phoenix Wing

Ciderhelm
07-27-2007, 01:52 AM
Devilshark is definitely a very good cloak, but a large part of it's value lies in how easy it is to get. A lot more tanks would have Gilded Thorium or Farstriders while progressing if they had better luck or more available time outside of raiding.

Ariedan
07-27-2007, 02:02 AM
Most people say Gilded Thorium is stupid, pointless, and "statless."

Ciderhelm
07-27-2007, 02:04 AM
I think the pro-Armor campaign is starting to change people's view of gear.

Narshe
07-27-2007, 02:09 AM
Most people say Gilded Thorium is stupid, pointless, and "statless."
Bear cloak, isn't it?

Ariedan
07-27-2007, 02:12 AM
That's what I always assumed it was. I generally equip it when I need to be a meat shield, haha. But for the most part, I just use Devilshark.

Atlantian
07-27-2007, 02:17 AM
Bear cloak, isn't it?

its great for fights like maulgar where you are more concerned with staying alive than TPS. Its not just a "bear cloak". armor benefits warriors alot too.

Narshe
07-27-2007, 02:20 AM
Yeh, I mean that's the argument a lot of warriors tell about that cloak. I was under the assumption of the same, but just because I compared it with Devilshark or Farstriders and thoes were more "warrior-oriented" at least on the first glimpses.

Tbh I never realized armor was so important until I started to read these forums.

Ariedan
07-27-2007, 02:33 AM
Yeah, it wasn't until I started reading Satrina's guides and then experimenting things that I even NOTICED armor, much less knew of its benefits. I was so clueless (and still am, which is why I'm here.. to learn. :P)

But like I said, I used Thorium for when I need to take lots of burst damage and devilshark for most other situations. Once I get off my lazy butt, I'll get the heroic one, and when the one drops off of Al'ar, that'll probably go into my main set of tanking gear.

Sprinks
07-27-2007, 08:21 AM
This was a bit surprising to me as well. I'm still wearing Devilshark, but had been considering getting Farstriders once I got the autoblocker. Thanks for the comparison, Cider.

veneretio
07-27-2007, 09:25 AM
Being a guy that's been using Farstrider for quite some time, I'm glad this backs up the theories I was too lazy to test.

Next thing you know Cider, you'll be proving 18 Block Value to shield is better than 18 Stamina. /duck&cover

Ciderhelm
07-27-2007, 09:27 AM
In some cases it is!

And, obligatory new smilie spam (thanks Xepri!):

:D:o:):(:confused::mad::p;):rolleyes::cool::eek:

Kazeyonoma
07-27-2007, 09:33 AM
okay to further comparisons then:

I normally run around with:
Burnoose of Shifting Ages
Binds when picked up
Unique
Back
216 Armor
+15 Stamina
Requires Level 68
Equip: Increases defense rating by 26.
Equip: Increases the block value of your shield by 29.

But yesterday in heroic SP:
Ironscale War Cloak
Binds when picked up
Unique
Back
78 Armor
+26 Stamina
Requires Level 70
Equip: Increases your shield block rating by 19.

Dropped.

I insist that burnoose is better because the armor and defense yields better returns than 11stam and sbrating

My stats as prot are 13khp, 14karmor, 400 sbv.

Any ideas? And after reading this I'm really looking forward to grabbing the farstrider's except when I'm in full threat gear (sbv neck/belt/ring swaps) My defense drops to 491, if i swap out burnoose for farstrider's i'm gonna bite it hard and have to figure out where I can make up ~25 defense rating.

Wartorn
07-27-2007, 03:11 PM
When you are in full threat gear is being crit going to wipe the raid?

I only go full threat for A) speed runs through easy content or B) OTing something that can't crit. Any other situation, the 1-3% extra threat is not worth being crit, IMO.

Ariedan
07-27-2007, 03:34 PM
Who said putting a few pieces of threat gear on would make them immune to crit? Any smart tank knows to never sacrifice too much of one stat in place of another (except in resist sets, really), like 490 defense. It would be hard to go below 490 defense, actually, unless you're trying to put a lot of non-tanking +hit pieces on, because most shield value pieces come with many other tanking stats, including defense.

Wartorn
07-27-2007, 04:50 PM
Stupid crafted BP with no def.

It's a love-hate thing.

Kazeyonoma
07-30-2007, 09:14 AM
Tell me about it, having the Bulwark is sexy... but it makes me hurt in keeping over 490 and pushing sbv =T

veneretio
07-30-2007, 09:27 AM
I know the feeling, I use the new Gladiator Shield. All you gotta do is look at the massive armor boost though and it makes you feel better about juggling to maintain that 490 defense.

Wartorn
07-30-2007, 10:40 AM
Yeah, I'm currently saving up for the season 2 shield. I think the resilience will make up the difference, or even improve my uncritability so I can finally pimp farstrider's without fear.

Kazeyonoma
07-30-2007, 11:24 AM
that's what I was hoping, but my arena teams want me to deck out in pvp first, so the shield will be on the backburner, at least until after I get my season 2 legs or helm (not sure yet).

Groundchuck
07-30-2007, 03:24 PM
that's what I was hoping, but my arena teams want me to deck out in pvp first, so the shield will be on the backburner, at least until after I get my season 2 legs or helm (not sure yet).

Prot PvP. Problem solved. :D

Kazeyonoma
07-30-2007, 04:43 PM
Lol, they don't believe in it, right now I'm mace spec'd 33/28/0 and tearing it up pretty well, so they want to just keep it rolling while they deck out in gear, and I kinda support em with my PvE gear progression =P

Pise
08-01-2007, 04:51 PM
So I'm curious...

If I have devilshark for threat, and can get my hands on thorium for mitigation.. do I need farstrider's for anything? I wanted to get it, but looking at this thread, it seems like the badges could be better spent elsewhere.

Ciderhelm
08-01-2007, 04:58 PM
So I'm curious...

If I have devilshark for threat, and can get my hands on thorium for mitigation.. do I need farstrider's for anything? I wanted to get it, but looking at this thread, it seems like the badges could be better spent elsewhere.

You need Farstrider's for ridiculously high Shield Slams.

Armstrong
08-01-2007, 05:40 PM
So I'm curious...

Assuming you can afford to be without the defense and dodge on the Devilshark, the Farstrider's is a great way to get both high effective health and high threat out of the same item. If you are pushing content, you generally want to favor those two elements above avoidance anyway.

The Auto-Blocker and the Farstrider's are really the only two BoJ tank items that don't have a superior counterpart that drops in Karazhan. Obviously you need for all those items to actually drop in the first place. But assuming they do drop in a reasonable timeframe, the cloak and trinket become the most worthwhile way to spend your badges.

Even the DPS-oriented badge rewards are only so-so for warriors imho; they all come with stat allocation that appeal more to rogues and hunters.

Iowynn
08-02-2007, 04:37 PM
You need Farstrider's for ridiculously high Shield Slams.

I've been tempted to get the cloak, but spent my badges on nethers. I just KNOW the minute I get it, A'lar's going to drop the cloak I want and then I'm going to /facepalm.

I got Sun Eater (finally) the same moment I got the last nether needed for Blazeguard. 2 hours later... King's Defender dropped. /facepalm moment.

Narshe
08-03-2007, 12:23 AM
Iowynn, I have the same problem as you xDDD
2.5 months after I got my Hakkar shield and no other shield dropped in either AQ20, AQ40 or BWL. One day the BWL shield dropped and I got it. Between that reset and the next week we got another BWL shield and two armaments in AQ40.
I got my shoulders of Might on my first MC run. Got the replacement 5 months later with the shoulders from Fankriss. After those dropped, two tier2 shoulders dropped in the next 10 days (and it was the last piece I missed from the set).
Now in TBC, we are farming The Lurker Below since 2 months now. A single mace hasn't dropped yet. If everything is ok, we will burn Kael down this week and we will do Hyjal 1st boss and whatever we can in BT. Im sure I will get a weapon from BT then I will "unlock" the mace from lurker xDDD

Crimsonstorm
08-03-2007, 09:36 AM
Yeah, I'm currently saving up for the season 2 shield. I think the resilience will make up the difference, or even improve my uncritability so I can finally pimp farstrider's without fear.

The new shield is insane. I've got 16990 unbuffed armor now.

The resilience also means you dont need 490 defense.

orwin
08-29-2007, 02:08 PM
could you compare devilshark farstrider and gilded thorium with 18.5k health, 17k armor and with 370 and 570 block? i currently have gilded thorium and devilshark, thinking about farming the badges for farstrider.

also, what damage are you assuming from the mob? wouldnt a harder hitting mob make block value less effective?

thugthedum
08-29-2007, 02:33 PM
thoriumweave cloak > gilded thorium cloak imo for pure EH. But; I guess if I equipped the Gilded Thorium I could take the 8 def rock out of my Breastplate of Kings, giving me back 12 more stam. If it had dropped for me yet, which it hasn't.

Farstrider Defender's Cloak is what I actually equip, because I like what the block value does for EH and threat.

Devilshark Cape is an avoidance cloak imo. I only equip it for Prince.

If someone wants to compute me up, my EH kit is at 15618 hp and 15403 armor.

Horacio
08-29-2007, 02:34 PM
Before they buffed it, Farstriders was not very good. I was in between guilds so I blew my badges on the Coldarra shield and now most of them are going to nethers to upgrade my BP to Bulwark of Kings.

I stuck with Devilshark because with my conversion to gearing for EF over avoidance, it was one slot I could sneak in a little dodge and the BV made it worth it. Now...its probably time to start looking for an upgrade. I also have the cloak out of Mech...Thoriumweave? but I don't wear it. I also picked up the DPS cloak off of Moroes (Arathi Warlords?) ...saved off the shard pile but its got 31 or so stam and +HIT with some strength for extra AP=extra threat (though swinging TF reduces the effect of conventional DPS stat increase)

My BV is embarassingly low right now and if not for Red Havoc boots.....ugg.

Hrmmm.....

Ciderhelm
08-29-2007, 05:34 PM
[Thoriumweave Cloak] (http://www.thottbot.com/?i=Thoriumweave%20Cloak) > [Gilded Thorium Cloak] (http://www.thottbot.com/?i=Gilded%20Thorium%20Cloak) imo for pure EH. But; I guess if I equipped the Gilded Thorium I could take the 8 def rock out of my n class=\'itemsocket\'img src=""\'http://i.thottbot.com/en/Interface/ItemSocketingFrame/UI-EmptySocket-Yellow.gif\' width=16 height=16 a target=\'_new\' href=""\'http://www.thottbot.com/?gem=Yellow\'Yellow Socket/a/span/td/trtrtd colspan=2span class=\'itemsocket\'Socket Bonus: +4 Critical Strike Rating/span/td/trtrtd colspan=2Requires Level 70/td/trtrtd colspan=2Requires Armorsmith/td/trtrtd colspan=2span class=\'itemspell\'a target=\'_new\' href=""\'r20\'Equip: Improves hit rating by 20 (1.3%)./a/span/td/trtrtd colspan=2span class=\'itemspell\'a target=\'_new\' href=""\'r21\'Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 31 (1.4%)./a/span/td/trtrtd colspan=2span class=costsmallCost to make: 956 Gold 23 Silver/small/span/td/trtrtd colspan=2span class=costsmallVendor value: 7 Gold 62 Silver 35 Copper/small/span/td/tr/table /td /tr/table',VAUTO,HAUTO,FULLHTML);" onmouseout="return nd();">[Breastplate of Kings]</span> (http://www.thottbot.com/?i=Breastplate%20of%20Kings), giving me back 12 more stam. If it had dropped for me yet, which it hasn't.

[Farstrider Defender's Cloak] (http://www.thottbot.com/?i=Farstrider%20Defender) is what I actually equip, because I like what the block value does for EH and threat.

[Devilshark Cape]</span> (http://www.thottbot.com/?i=Devilshark%20Cape) is an avoidance cloak imo. I only equip it for Prince.

If someone wants to compute me up, my EH kit is at 15618 hp and 15403 armor.

Main thing is you shouldn't realistically be dropping that many item levels for a gain in EH. I could never justify going to Thoriumweave at the expense of the additional stat points spent on Gilded Thorium.

Berginyon
08-30-2007, 11:59 AM
Main thing is you shouldn't realistically be dropping that many item levels for a gain in EH. I could never justify going to Thoriumweave at the expense of the additional stat points spent on Gilded Thorium.

Exactly, EH is a concept to keep in mind while choosing gear, but don't undervalue avoidance. None of these evaluations are weighting avoidance into the calculations.

From my cloak rankings:

1. Phoenix-Wing Cloak 37STA TP:6348 *top stamina*
The Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=29925) (Eye - Al'ar)

2. Devilshark Cape 22STA TP:5391
The Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=27804) (SteamVault - Warlord Kalithresh)

3. Gilded Thorium Cloak 30STA TP:4816
The Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=28660) (Karazhan - Illhoof)

4. Burnoose of Shifting Ages 15STA TP:4582
The Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=27988) (Black Morass - Chrono Lord Deja)

5. Cloak of Eternity 36STA TP:3891
The Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=24253) (crafted)

6. Farstrider Defender's Cloak 30STA TP:3774
The Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=29385) (25 heroic badges)

7. Thalassian Wildercloak 28STA TP:3485
The Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=29994) (Eye - Kael'thas Sunstrider)

8. Cloak of Enduring Swiftness 13STA TP:3471
The Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=24454) (Underbog - Swamplord Musel'ek)

9. Thoriumweave Cloak 35STA TP:3257
The Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=28256) (Mechanar - Mechano-Lord Capacitus)

IMO, if you have any of the top 4 cloaks, I wouldn't spend the badges on Farstrider's unless you were in pursuit of the perfect shield slam :-)

Devilshark is a great cloak with plenty of stam, helps to meet the crit immunity, has a healthy set of avoidance and even gives you some block value for aggro. Perfect all around balanced tanking cloak that can be used in any situation. At a base EH of 30k, I could see the justification of wanting to go with some more effective health, but at 50k EH raid buffed, the avoidance is more valuable in avoiding the situations where EH matters.

Gilded Thorium Cloak will give you more EH than Farstriders and is better balanced with its defense.

Every boss encounter has an EH limit, which is the amount of damage they can dish out in 3 seconds in a freak double parry+special combo burst such as on Mag with simultaneous 5k parry hit & 9k cleave followed by a parry hit. If you can survive this combo, you have the max EH required for this boss. Gimping your avoidance to squeeze out another 500 EH, just makes this combo more likely to happen during the fight.

veneretio
08-30-2007, 01:01 PM
Every boss encounter has an EH limit.
Which is what makes Farstriders so good.

Ramnath
09-08-2007, 05:57 PM
okay to further comparisons then:

I normally run around with:
Burnoose of Shifting Ages
Binds when picked up
Unique
Back
216 Armor
+15 Stamina
Requires Level 68
Equip: Increases defense rating by 26.

*other words*

I have been a strong proponent of the Burnoose being one of the best all around cloaks you can pick up. Sure it is lacking in the stamina department but, that can be made up easily with enchants etc. You get decent armor, you get defense, and more block value. Which is great for all tanking methods.

I'd like to hear more thoughts regarding it.

By the way first post I'll be here more.

Aelvain
09-09-2007, 05:01 AM
Which is what makes Farstriders so good.

Not really, considering Guilded Thorium will give you more EH and avoidance. There are better item slots to focus toward effective health than cloaks, also. I can't say that there are many encounters out there (certainly not a majority) that will usually require you to max effective health out in every slot unless you are severely undergeared or have weak healing, and the first slot I would change from effective health focus to avoidance or threat would be cloaks. Armor on cloaks and rings is unevenly weighted in terms of itemization points when looking at its benefit for warriors. I wear Guilded Thorium if my health is frequently in imminent danger or threat/dmg doesn't matter (so basically, just Al'ar for my current progression), and for literally everything else I wear Devilshark. Farstrider's is a max shield slam cloak; it's gain vs. Devilshark is minimal in terms of EH, a minor increase in shield slam dmg, and a major loss of avoidance in comparison.

Aelvain
09-09-2007, 05:08 AM
I have been a strong proponent of the Burnoose being one of the best all around cloaks you can pick up. Sure it is lacking in the stamina department but, that can be made up easily with enchants etc. You get decent armor, you get defense, and more block value. Which is great for all tanking methods.

I'd like to hear more thoughts regarding it.

By the way first post I'll be here more.

So I don't feel like doing the math, but I'd imagine it offers no more effective health than Devilshark, maybe even less, the same block value, and considerably less avoidance. Not to mention the stamina on Devilshark will be more worthwhile than the armor on the Burnoose in any case of magic dmg. Burnoose is simply a lower item level, it's not really comparable to Devilshark, Guilded Thorium, or Cloak of Eternity.

Edit: You say "that can easily be made up with enchants etc." I wouldn't recommend using that kind of logic when choosing an item, as you can put the same enchants on all items. Consider items pre-enchants for fair comparisons.

Kazeyonoma
09-10-2007, 09:41 AM
So I don't feel like doing the math, but I'd imagine it offers no more effective health than Devilshark, maybe even less, the same block value, and considerably less avoidance. Not to mention the stamina on Devilshark will be more worthwhile than the armor on the Burnoose in any case of magic dmg. Burnoose is simply a lower item level, it's not really comparable to Devilshark, Guilded Thorium, or Cloak of Eternity.

Edit: You say "that can easily be made up with enchants etc." I wouldn't recommend using that kind of logic when choosing an item, as you can put the same enchants on all items. Consider items pre-enchants for fair comparisons.

Cloak of Eternity < Burnoose imo.

Yes devilshark is better but burnoose isn't that bad of a sidegrade, its just different, less stam, more armor. but yes the lack of dodge is what hurts burnoose most compared versus the devilshark. But for now its all I got and no one runs SV in my guild so I use it till I can get Guilded Thorium or better!

Ramnath
09-10-2007, 11:34 AM

Allow me to clarify. If I were to get Devilshark (droprates, etc...) I would put agi or dodge on it and not armor. The 7 stamina I lose by equiping Burnoose isn't as big of a concern to me. Plus I like big numbers and with my current gear setup I have just over 16k armor and I don't want to dip down under that for 70 HP and some avoidance.

I try not to get too "crunchy" when it comes to the numbers. I like lots of armor and lots of health and so long as I am ~20 pts or so over the def cap I have accomplished my goals.

For my time and my sanity, Burnoose holds up well.