PDA

View Full Version : How much +hit?

gardek
07-25-2007, 06:59 AM
How much Hit do you guys tank with ? How much hit do you WANT to tank with or are you aiming for?

In my threat gear, I have approximately 40 hit rating, which isn't much.

In my Stam gear, I have even less - only 17 hit rating, and I notice my threat per second take a dive when I put it on.

Just wondering what the rest of you are running, and what hit rating you'd recommend for a tank to sit on.

Thanks!

-Gardek

Paruhdox
07-25-2007, 12:13 PM
Well personally I dont worry about it. I see alot of people that do but blizzard has made it so that you can avoid losing agro in the begining of most fights with misdirect. Generally i have about 4% on raids and that includes having a shaman in my group for the extra 1%. However I have tanked before with 2-3% no problem. I think the best thing to do is see how much TPS you can sustain, if its to low raise your hit. If you can sustain a decent amount of TPS I really see no need in sacraficing other stats for +hit.

Bizzam
07-25-2007, 12:32 PM
I currently tank with ... 10 ...

I want to be tanking with at least 65. I'm just not ready to give up the STA gems for hit gems yet. Well, that and I'm secretly waiting for a King's Defender and to finish my Breastplate of Kings =)

Ariedan
07-25-2007, 02:27 PM
I currently tank with ... 10 ...

I want to be tanking with at least 65. I'm just not ready to give up the STA gems for hit gems yet. Well, that and I'm secretly waiting for a King's Defender and to finish my Breastplate of Kings =)

Yeah, same. No +hit gear has dropped for me yet and I'm not geared enough for the current content I'm doing to replace my stamina gems. :(

Kazeyonoma
07-25-2007, 02:39 PM
My bulwark of King's is normally all i need + my weapon. I've never had issues missing much at all, only when I was leveling to 70 and my first few 70 instances.

Wartorn
07-25-2007, 04:49 PM
I usually run around with ~4%. However, last night on VR I had it as high as 5.4%, and I still saw ~2% miss rate (not including parries/dodges). Probably just bad luck, but I'm definitely looking to up my +hit a bit more.

Your last 1% hit is just as good as your first 1% until you reach the hit cap. So keep piling it on unless you need the other stats.