PDA

View Full Version : old BWL

Mozman
07-23-2007, 07:57 PM
hola Cider
<3 the site ;)

this is an old one of mine - PvE in BWL, without a UI, keybinds and macros ftw ;)

tells a tongue in cheek story about my then 'holy grail' thru a song of that title - never did drop for me :o

will be doing a similar one of more recent PvE soon

Ciderhelm
07-23-2007, 08:04 PM
Speaking of, check your PMs!

Ciderhelm
07-23-2007, 08:09 PM
Jeez those strategies are so much different than ours were, placement wise. Not Nefarian, though. I did a two-handed Fury video with Bonereaver's Edge, have completely lost the video though. Makes me sad because it was one of my favorites. :)

Do you have that video in the original format?

//edit: Have embedded the movie. :)

Mozman
07-23-2007, 08:26 PM
yeah I have it somewhere but not on this work comp...

its pretty old now and got most of its views when linked on the wow warrior forums - but it gave peeps ideas about how we handled it.

Recently saw a non UI amalgam of SSC

http://www.wowinsider.com/2007/06/17/wow-moviewatch-serpentshrine-caverns-raid-montage/

great work and an inspiration for me

Ciderhelm
07-23-2007, 11:35 PM
I think when I get back to playing, the first thing I'm going to do is to learn how to play without an interface. I always wanted to do that, as well as learn a much more efficient keybind setup, but it's not something you can learn in one day and be ready for a raid the next. I intend not to have that problem again in the future. :)

Mozman
07-23-2007, 11:49 PM
alt-z ing away the UI does make it look great, but you'll notice I didn't show, for example, the Nef adds as I needed to know target of target etc. and so played with the UI. fears were being called on Nef so I could zerker rage but in the main you will need raid warnings etc.. just try to minimise as much clutter as you can.

Its one reason I'd hate to be a healer - playing whack-a-mole on a screen full of nameplates

Sprinks
07-26-2007, 01:55 PM
Ah, the good ole days... I actually played a holy priest during this time. Well, actually all the way up to Naxx. Quel & TF were such badass looking tanking weapons. WTB Mallet of the Tides. I liked the video though.